Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Creating a Favorite Artist Gallery

I woke up this morning with high hopes of hiking in the Moutains, but it was too cold and Zilla and BCute didn't want to leave the comfort of the warm house. Me too!! So I did 50 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes of arms and needless to say I am worn out!

I went to my desk and looked at my journal and had a fleeting thought of not today! I just don't have it in me! What to do? What to do? As I looked around my desk, I saw last years calendar by Danita at Danitas Art on Etsy. I really love her work, she is local to my area and has been published in many magazines. Here is a pic of her 2011 calendar - she has them on her Etsy, just search Danita and her shop will pop up. Hurry she only has three left!




I couldn't part with the pretties, and I couldn't put them away either - so they were sitting right on top of the desk so I could admire them! So as I leafed through the 12 beauties and looked at my art journal - I thought why does an art journal only have to have my art? Who said? Ok maybe someone said, but they didn't tell me!

So I created a short prompt for today with some left over scraps from yesterday and I doodled them up a bit.



I also wrote myself a memo on yesterday's page.



The next two pages are my mini gallery of Danitas Art! I just glued down the images and doodled frames for them - It was relaxing and I got to take a look at all the beautiful colors within her artwork!

Not alot of thinking on my part, but I like the result and I got to use a Christmas present from my hubby of Copic Spica markers if you love sparkly pens try these you wont be disappointed!!!



Have a wonderful day and I will be back tomorrow! No excuses!

Oh we will also take a look at my addiction - is there a Pen Collectors Annonymous?


No comments: