Friday, January 21, 2011

Book Club

I truly hate missing a day on my journal and on my blog! I end up feeling like I am not following through on my goals...

But perhaps there is a lesson in that.

Yesterday I attended my monthly book club meeting and our book was Founding Mothers by Cokie Roberts. It was certainly not a book I would have purchased or chosen to read, but this book was incredible. The book focuses on the women behind the men behind the founding of our nation. The research Cokie did was immense, and the result was a great read. I found it incredible how much women had to do just to survive day to day. Bear children, run the household, entertain quests, feed everyone, make food (literally) and then prepare the food, make cloth, make clothes, educate themselves their children, flee the enemy, help their husbands business, and then when they have a second keep their friends and family informed about the day to day business of life.

I have to say I was extremely disappointed in Benjamin Franklin! Talk about an ass!

So I chose to journal about that.



I decided to follow Julie's (from Balzer Designs - Art Journal Everyday) example and layer my next entry over a period of time. So far this is the basis of what I have...



Until next time!

No comments: